Architects celebrate decade in business with hospice challenge
4th September 2015
A team of architects will celebrate their 10th year in business by taking on the Worcester City 10k challenge in aid of St Richard’s Hospice.
Worcester based practice KKE Architects turned 10 on 1st April 2015 and have been marking the occasion with a range of celebratory events, including a ‘bake-off’ with the theme ‘10’ and a summer party at its Diglis Basin offices.
Continuing the theme of ‘10’, on Sunday 20th September 10 colleagues and friends will join together to take part in the Worcester City 10k run, raising money for St Richard’s Hospice. The energetic team will include Will Randall, Sarah Applegate, Jamie Randall, Andrew Jennings, Joe Procter-Nicholls, Kyle Fowler, Helen White, Phil Kavanagh, Emily Kippen and Guy Kippen.
Phil Kavanagh, Director at KKE Architects, said; “We wanted to do something special to celebrate our first decade in business and the team decided that this challenge would offer the ideal opportunity for us to achieve something worthwhile. St Richard’s Hospice is a fantastic local charity, and was one of our first clients when its Wildwood Drive base was being designed and built. We are delighted to be able to raise money to help them care for patients and their families.
“Some members of the team are runners, but others haven’t taken on a challenge like this before. However, the whole team is pulling together and are supporting each other through their training. We are all looking forward to a great atmosphere on the day, and to the satisfaction of reaching the finish line.”
Phil introduces the team members:
- Will Randall: Although he loves the outdoors, Will has never been a keen runner, preferring to work in the forest, climb rocks, and surf waves. This said, we’re pretty sure it was he who suggested this crazy challenge, and he’s taking the training in his stride.
- Sarah Applegate: Sarah, Will’s girlfriend, is supporting him in the 10k…although from what we hear she’s quite speedy and will be far ahead of most of the team.
- Jamie: Jamie, Will’s brother and our IT support-man, is partaking in the 10k with the team.
- Andrew Jennings: Running and cycling are two of Andrew’s hobbies. In August he went to watch the Tour-de-France and cycled up Alpe D’Huez. The week before the 10k he’ll be running the Great North Run – brave man!
- Joe Proctor-Nicholls: Joe has said he’s up for it…and is being harrassed to encourage him to get involved!
- Kyle Fowler: Kyle enjoys keeping fit by going to the gym, running and cycling. This year he has competed in several sprint triathlons and tough mudder. He has just signed up for his first Olympic length triathlon next year, which includes a 10k run.
- Helen White: Helen, Kyle’s girlfriend, has been persuaded to get involved in the 10k with the team – whilst not quite as fitness-crazy, she has taken part in 10k runs before.
- Emily Kippen: Emily would definitely not claim to be a runner, however she has taken on the challenge. Training started with the British Heart Foundation ‘Couch to 5k’ plan and she has been working up to the 10k distance. She is worried about running in crowds.
- Guy Kippen: Guy, our friendly Planning Consultant and Emily’s husband, is supporting Emily for the 10k and they have been training together.
- Phil Kavanagh: Representing the Directorate, Phil has been training since the crazy idea that we should partake was conceived early this year but is pacing himself as he is concerned about his knees!
To donate to KKE Architect’s fund, visit www.justgiving.com/KKE-Architects-Ltd