St Richard’s Hospice is working in partnership with JustHelping to send out teams of volunteers who will be collecting trees around the county from 12th– 14th January. Register your tree by 9th January, 2018.
St Richard’s is asking people to make a donation for recycling the tree to support the independent charity’s free care and support of those living with a life-limiting illness.
Thank you to Adam Willington ACW Trees, Nationwide Building Society, Fortis Living, Rybrook BMW and Mini Worcester, Rock Power Connections, Walsh Construction, Leigh Sinton Christmas Trees, Fortis Living, Henson Plant Hire Evesham, Dan Powell Instant Scenery, David’s Nurseries, Worcester Countryside Centre, Karndean Design Flooring and Gwillams Farm Shop for their help with the campaign.
Jayne Sargeant, St Richard’s Hospice Community Fundraiser, said: “Lots of people love a real Christmas tree at home for the festive season but the hassle and mess of removing them can be a downside. This service will make life easier for people because the trees will be collected from their own homes and recycled for them.”
To arrange recycling and to make a donation, register your tree online
There is no set fee for a donation but the hospice has suggested guidelines for donations. For example an £11 donation could pay for a Hospice at Home healthcare assistant for an hour or a donation of £15 could pay for a specialist Day Hospice Nurse for an hour.
After costs, 90% of the money raised will go St Richard’s Hospice with the remaining 10% donated to other local charities.