- This event has passed.
Sunday 13th March 2022
Shake the winter blues and join St Richard’s for a scenic cycle through the beautiful south Worcestershire countryside with our Family Bikeathon!
There is a choice of 3 different routes approximately:
- 5 miles – Start time between 9:30 and 10:30am
- 10 miles – Start time between 9:30 and 10:30am
- 15 miles – Start time between 8:45 and 9:30am
Each route starting and finishing at the Norton Parish Hall, Littleworth, Worcester, WR5 2QB. This is not a timed race.
Each route will pass through predominately quiet country lanes or specific bike routes and all routes will be clearly sign posted beforehand. The longer 2 routes will pass Croome Court.
Mechanical support from “Dr Bike” at Norton Parish Hall enabling each bike to get looked at before setting off!
Hot and cold drinks will be available to purchase from Norton Parish Hall. Croome Court’s canteen is accessible free of charge for refreshments. National Trust members can access play area and grounds.
All participants will get a finishers medal.
- Family ticket* – £20
- Adult ticket – £10
- Child ticket – £5
*Family ticket = Family of up to 4 (Either 2 adults 2 children or 1 adult 3 children) – Minimum sponsorship is £40
All children aged 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Maximum of 4 children to 1 adult. Children aged 3 and under are free of charge.
We encourage all participants to fundraise as much as possible, it is the additional money raised through sponsorship and donations that makes a huge difference to the individuals and families we support and care for. Any money raised is greatly appreciated.
On the day, event participants will benefit from:
- Free car parking at Norton Parish Hall
- Mechanical support from “Dr Bike” at Norton Parish Hall before the start of each ride
- Vehicle sweeper wagon support is available for all routes with basic repair kit** – If participants have a puncture or mechanical failure en-route, the wagon will respond as soon as possible.
- Comprehensively sign posted route
- GPX file of all routes (issued 48hours before event)
- Toilet facilities and refreshments at the start/finish
**.Any items needing to be repaired (e.g. inner tubes or brake blocks) will need to be paid for in cash on the day. We will have a small quantity spare items available on the day for purchase Example costs £5 inner tube, £10 brake blocks, £15 chain, £20 tyre
Click below to view and download:
Registrations close at 9am on Thursday 10th March. All participants must register beforehand. We will not be taking entries on the day.