- This event has passed.
Great Dog Walk
1st-30th April 2021
Calling all our furry friends to get active for our care and encourage their humans to sign-up for our first ever virtual dog walk!
Throughout the month of April, we’re asking our pawfect pals to take their people out and about for a socially distanced walk. Persuade your owners to set you up a Just Giving page, with a photo of yourself looking your best, and watch the £’s roll in for patients and their families locally!
Taking part is easy; humans, simply:
- choose a walking route and distance that suits you; pretty country lanes, woodland, wide open spaces, whatever you like
- choose your walking buddies; four-legged friends, Covid-secure bubbles, or even a solo challenge; whichever you choose, ensure you follow any local restrictions
- pick a date between 1 April and 30 April, or walk as many days as you like over the month
- sign-up for free below
- set up a Just Giving Page in your dog’s name; include a lovely photo of your beloved pet raising funds for our care
Pets mean Prizes!
Any doggy who sets up a fundraising page will be sent some delicious treats courtesy of Pets at Home in Worcester. Raise more than £20 and you’ll be entered into a prize draw to win a year’s free membership of the Brentknoll Veterinary Centre Pet Health and Life Plan or a pamper session – bath, blow dry and brush – at Groomingdales.
How your fundraising helps
We have set a fundraising target per runner of £40 for the half and £70 for the full but you can raise as much as you like, as it will all go towards the millions required this year to help us continue to provide the free services to those who need it. To give you some idea of how you will help support patients and families across Worcestershire…
- £15.63 could pay for a specialist Living Well Centre Nurse for an hour*.
- £90.26 could pay for a Hospice at Home Healthcare Assistant for a day.
- £174.01 could pay for a trained therapist for a day*.
- £550 could provide creative therapy materials for a year, offering an outlet for patients to express their emotions.
*20/21 costs including all on-costs