Organisers of some of St Richard’s Hospices’ most popular events are calling for volunteer help this summer.
The charity is looking for support to ensure the smooth running of the following events :
Saturday 20 May, Malvern Hills Walk – marshals and registration desk help, from 8.00am onwards;
Sunday 21 May, Worcester Marathon – marshals and handing out snacks to finishers, from 9.00am onwards;
- Saturday 3 June, Ladies Day – selling raffle tickets, 12pm onwards;
- Saturday 17 June, Superhero Challenge – marshalling obstacles, registration desk help, morning and afternoon slots;
- Sunday 2 July, Bikeathon – marshals and registration desk help, from 8.30am onwards;
- Sunday 23 July, Droitwich Triathlon – marshals, from 8.30am until 12midday;
- Sunday 23 July, Go Dad Run – marshals, from 9.00am until 1.30pm.
Rachel Jones, Fundraising Manager at St Richard’s Hospice said : “Volunteer support is essential to the smooth running of our events and we’d love to hear from anyone who can spare a few hours to help out at any of our summer events this year.
“We couldn’t run our events without the vital help and support we receive from our volunteers. We are extremely grateful to each one for their dedication and generosity. Many people tell us that volunteering with us has made a huge difference to them, both personally and professionally.”
St Richard’s volunteers help to support every aspect of hospice life, from fundraising and working in charity’s shops, to supporting patients within their own homes and hospice administration, bringing their life skills and experience, their commitment and dedication to support the compassionate care the hospice provides for patients and their families. Volunteering offers an opportunity to learn new skills, meet new people and build confidence and self-esteem. Taking on a volunteer role at St Richard’s can help individuals gain transferable marketable skills that will help enhance both a CV and a career.