Job title Business Development Officer
Hours 37.5 hours per week
Salary £26,500 – £28,154 per annum
Location Wildwood Drive, Worcester WR5 2QT / Hybrid
As a Business Development Officer, you will be a key architect of strategic partnerships between St Richard’s hospice and corporates.
The role will involve building and maintaining relationships with corporate partners with the aim of securing financial support for the charity. You will be responsible for developing strong connections with businesses to meet targets.
You will contribute to the overall growth and sustainability of the charity by identifying new corporate partnership opportunities whilst fostering existing relationships.
Are you a passionate and driven individual, with a persuasive and unwavering dedication to ignite support for our St Richard’s hospice? If so, we invite you to join our dynamic team as a Business Development Officer to help us unlock boundless possibilities for our future funding requirements. You will have a proven track record of meeting fundraising or sales targets and securing financial support from corporates. You will have experience of, and enthusiasm for, networking and building corporate relationships whilst having strong negotiation skills and the ability to engage and inspire corporate partners.
The successful candidate will demonstrate financial acumen, to effectively manage budgets and track fundraising progress and evaluate the impact of corporate partnerships. Experience and working knowledge of CRM databases and software packages for the use of communications, tracking and reporting purposes are essential for the role.
Previous experience in corporate fundraising, business development or corporate sales would be desirable. Due to the nature of this role, a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle are essential requirements.
This post requires a Standard Disclosure and Barring Service check.
What we offer
We offer a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits including;
- The opportunity to be part of a talented, passionate, and diverse team empowered to be their best
- The chance to work with high-profile corporations and make a tangible difference to the lives of others
- A supportive and inclusive work environment that values work-life balance and employee well-being.
- Supportive management – keen to develop you with Ongoing professional development and training to nurture your skills and expertise
- Generous annual leave (seven weeks including bank holidays)
- Benenden Healthcare offering diagnosis, treatment, 24/7 GP and mental health advice lines, discounts etc.
- Opportunities for flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Fabulous subsidised on-site café
- Pension scheme and opportunity to continue NHS pension for clinical staff
- Free Will writing service
Find out more
If you would like to find out more information, please contact:
Interview date Flexible
Job Reference 3042
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role, therefore if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.