Job title Housekeeping Assistant
Hours Flexible up to 16 hours per week
Location Wildwood Drive, Worcester WR5 2QT
We are seeking individuals to join our housekeeping team to provide a clean and safe environment for patients, staff and visitors at St Richard’s Hospice. The successful applicant will undertake a wide range of cleaning and laundry duties to exceptionally high standards to meet the National Cleaning standards.
The role will include all aspects of cleaning and laundry at the hospice in clinical and non-clinical spaces including patient rooms in our Inpatient Unit, meeting rooms and offices, using appropriate equipment for the area and following infection control procedures.
You will have professional cleaning experience to a high standard, with excellent communication skills, work well within a team and with a high level of self-motivation to work unsupervised.
Successful applicants will have an empathetic approach to working alongside families, patients and healthcare professionals, this role requires a degree of physical fitness, as the role will include handling and lifting equipment and supplies.
Experience of cleaning in a healthcare setting would be beneficial as well as a working knowledge of Health and Safety and Infection Control regulations.
This role requires a Standard Disclosure and Barring Service check.
What we offer
We offer a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits including;
- Fantastic team where everyone is welcomed and empowered to give their best
- Supportive management – keen to develop you
- Generous annual leave (seven weeks including bank holidays)
- Benenden Healthcare offering diagnosis, treatment, 24/7 GP and mental health advice lines, discounts etc.
- Opportunities for flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Fabulous subsidised on-site café
- Pension scheme and opportunity to continue NHS pension for clinical staff
- Free Will writing service
Find out more
If you would like to find out more information, please contact:
Interview date Flexible
Job Reference 3071
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role, therefore if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.