We are looking for caring and compassionate individuals to be a part of our Community Volunteer Service.
The service provides vital support for those accessing palliative care or bereavement support through St Richard’s Hospice.
We offer services out in the community and in clients’ homes. Examples of these services include:
- Befriending and companionship
- Light housekeeping
- Carer respite visits
- Local outings, such as to a café, supermarket, or out for lunch
We are looking for committed and reliable volunteers who have:
- The ability to maintain boundaries
- Good listening skills
- Can commit to 2/3 hours of their time a week
- Confidentiality and knowledge of safeguarding issues
- Knowledge of hospice services
- Sensitive to the needs of others
- Full induction and training will be provided
- Support and guidance is provide by other members of staff
- This post requires an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
To apply for a role, fill out the form below. For further information about the above role please contact the Volunteer Team on 01905 763963.