We’re looking for current St Richard’s Hospice volunteers to become ‘Volunteering Recruitment Ambassadors’ to help promote volunteering at the charity to the wider community. This is a sociable and flexible role where you’ll share your enthusiasm and passion for volunteering with others, in the hope of bringing more people into our team of volunteers.
- Support the People Services team with ad-hoc representation of St Richard’s at events out in your local community
- Provide people with information on volunteering with St Richard’s Hospice and give guidance on how they can apply for volunteering vacancies
- Occasionally setting up and running of a small stand at local community events e.g. fetes, coffee mornings, supermarkets etc
- Champion volunteering at St Richard’s, promoting the opportunities we have within your own network/community and encouraging more people to volunteer with us
- Adhere to St Richard’s Hospice policies and procedures
If comfortable doing so, some Volunteer Recruitment Ambassadors might like to occasionally give short talks about volunteering to community groups e.g. schools, WIs etc, and will be provided with any materials and guidance needed for this. However, this is not expected of the role and is completely up to individual preference.
- Friendly and approachable
- Passionate about volunteering at St Richard’s Hospice
- Able to speak confidently and engagingly to groups and individuals
- An ability to recognise and follow up on opportunities in your community and through your own network
- Previous experience in recruitment or community engagement would be advantageous
- Ability to travel around your local area (within reason)
How to apply: