This is an online social group using Zoom, an online video platform. Please book using the form below. Once your booking has been received you will be emailed the link to your Zoom session.
The purpose of the Living Well Relaxation Drop In session is for you to gain an understanding of a Relaxation technique which you can use in everyday living, in the comfort of your own home.
We hope this will enable you to:
* Reduce daily stress and anxiety
* Improve your quality of sleep
* Lessen muscular tension
* Boost your energy and mood
* Improve your overall health and wellbeing
Definition of Relaxation – “a state of consciousness characterised by feelings of peace and release from tension, anxiety or fear”
Relaxation is a skill which has to be learnt through practice. There are a variety of techniques that we can learn to help with relaxation. These include simple breathing exercises, techniques to teach us to recognise the tension in our bodies and techniques that use our imagination to take us somewhere where we can feel relaxed. Not all relaxation techniques suit everyone; it is recommended we try different techniques and select one that works for us.
* Pick a quiet place and time. Find a place where you will not be disturbed for at least 15 minutes. Let people around you know what you are doing and ask them to support you by leaving you alone without distraction.
* Practise daily if you can.
* Be patient. It may take 3 or 4 weeks before you notice benefits.
* Aim to stay awake during your relaxation practice if you are able to so that you can consciously recognise and experience the state of relaxation.