Who do we care for?
We care for people with a serious progressive illness who have complex needs which cannot be met by other services. These include cancer and neurological, respiratory, cardiac and renal conditions.
All our services are available to people registered with a South Worcestershire GP. Our In-patient Unit cares for people across Worcestershire.
We care for people by:
- early involvement in the course of a person’s illness alongside other therapies that are intended to prolong life
- enabling people to manage their illness and remain independent for as long as possible
- helping people to control their pain and other worrying symptoms
- helping people with emotional, social, practical and spiritual issues
- supporting families and carers before and through bereavement
- working in partnership with other health care providers and organisations
- encouraging wider understanding that death is a part of life
- supporting the local community to be well informed about the care available to them
- supporting the health and social care workforce through education to provide high-quality, individualised care.