Gifts in wills

A Will is an important document that ensures those you care about are provided for after your death. 

Without a valid Will, a person’s estate is said to be ‘intestate’ and can mean that the specific wishes you may have for your family or loved ones are not carried out.

Gifts in Wills are essential to the care we provide. The support for one out of every five people we care for is funded through these significant, thoughtful gifts. These gifts mean that we can plan and develop our services to reach more local people in the future.

view of the lake
Write-a-Will-Month-September-2020

Our wish is to enable each person we support to live every day to the fullest.

However, each year the needs of our community are changing; people are living longer, often with multiple diagnoses, so we must ensure our care is available and accessible to a growing number of patients with more complex conditions. As a charity, all of our services are provided free of charge. 

Hospice care is made possible thanks to the generosity of our donors and supporters who fund approximately 80% of our income. The remaining 20% comes from the NHS. This means we rely on the generosity of our community to enable us to be there for patients and their families when we’re needed the most.

If you would like to discuss making a gift in your Will, please contact Fundraising Director Tricia Cavell on or call 01905 958262.