- This event has passed.
October should have been the month when runners were taking part in the 40th London Marathon, the world’s biggest one-day annual fundraising event. Not only is that a huge disappointment to those who’ve trained so hard to achieve their goal but to us as a charity which benefits from runners’ incredible fundraising efforts.
It’s particularly disappointing in a year when we’ve seen so many other fundraising events cancelled and our charity shops closed; a huge part of how we fund our free care for patients and their loved ones locally.
So, this October we’re hoping you can help us by taking on 26.2 miles, your way, across the month.
You could, walk, run, jump or even space-hopper your way to completing the distance – which is the same as the entire London Marathon route.
Supporters of all ages are invited to sign-up and complete the challenge to fundraise for our care.
The only requirement is that you must follow Government guidelines on exercise and social distancing.
There are five simple steps to taking part:
- Decide how will you complete your marathon. On your way to work, or school? Or in one day? Will you run, jog, scoot, skate or moonwalk?
- Sign up using our form below 👇
- Set up a Just Giving page and encourage those you know to sponsor your marathon month
- Track your miles using an app like Strava and our print-off sheet – then add them up until you’ve completed your challenge
- Share a photo or video of your challenge on social media – remember to tag St Richard’s Hospice and #SRHMarathon
We hope you’ll make October your marathon month and help us raise much-needed funds to support our patients and those closest to them. Good luck!